Friday 10th February 2023
15.00 Attendee registration
Registration opens and continues throughout the evening.
15.30 – 17.00 Film Showing of “From Below” and Q&A
A feature length documentary by Matthias Kispert celebrating the mutual aid projects during COVID-19, and how they are moving forward to help people in the future. See more here.
17.00 – 17.30 Break
17.30 – 18.30 Mutual aid – Audience Q&A with the producer and lead researcher on the film, Dr Oli Mould, Lecturer in Human Geography, Royal Holloway, University of London and discussion with other guests, Nigel Carter from mutual aid group Oxford Community Action
18.30 – 19.30 Co-op and Community Finance 50th Anniversary Celebration
19.30 – 21.00 Dinner
21.00 til late Social & Quiz
Saturday 11th February 2023
08.30 – 09.00 Registration & refreshments
09.00 – 09.10 Welcome from Co-operative Futures
09.10 – 10.15 Panel Discussion: A challenge from the front-line
Hear from campaigners and grassroots organisers about their work around the cost of living crisis and how the co-operative movement can support.
- Elizabeth Anderson (Digital Poverty Alliance)
- Claude Hendrickson from Leeds Community-led Homes, Frontline and the Community Self-Build Agency
- John Witcher (Fuel Poverty Action)
- Deirdre (Dee) Woods, founder of Granville Community Kitchen and Food Justice Policy Co-ordinator at the Landworkers’ Alliance
10.15 – 10.45 Refreshment break
10.45 – 12.00 Stepping up to the challenge
Join in the table discussions to learn more about what’s happening and shape a co-operative response. Find out more from:
- Kat Dixon, Third Sector Lead, Snook, and Research Fellow with the Data Poverty Lab
- Billy Dasein and Josie Moon from East Marsh United
- Veronika Susedkova from Co-operative Care Colne Valley
- Amy Charnley-Parry from Energy Local
- Brighid Carey from Action on Empty Homes
- James Henderson from Your Local Pantry
12.00 – 13.00 Lunch
13.00 – 14.00 Let’s get going
We’ve only got 6 months, what are we actually going to achieve? Now’s the time to get those creative juices flowing and start to come up with the things we can deliver.
14.00 – 14.30 What have we already got?
We’re not starting from zero, there are already things happening in the movement that can be used to make things happen. Hear from some of them about how they can help.
14.30 – 15.00 Refreshment break
15.00 – 16.00 Let’s get on with it
Enough talking! We need concrete actions that are impactful and can happen now.
16.00 – 16.30 Time to step up
Participants will be asked what they will commit to so we can turn fine words into reality.
Time for some fond farewells and safe journeys home.